The Owlery

Where wizards and witches communicate with the rest of the world.

09 November 2005

An Eclipse On Halloween

It was Halloween night and my friend Jen and I were getting into our costumes. When my other friend Sally came into the room we screamed and Sally said “Hello-ween to you too.” (Sally was an amazon, Jen was a rock star, and I was a witch). Five minutes later we were on my front porch and Jen said “It seems darker than last year. Should we get a flashlight?” “ Naw,” said Sally,” what's the fun of that?” “ I’m not so sure about it,” said a worried Jen. ”It’ll be ok” I said rubbing her on the back. “Come on guys lets go” whined Sally. “All right you win ..... again,” sighed Jen.
We were going down the next neighborhood over when all the lights went out. The moon was even gone! The stars where all that was left! Jen screamed; Sally yelled “Yahoo”. It was almost pitch black! “Wwwhat hhhapppened tto the lllight” stuttered Jen, “Who Cares!” cried Sally “ we get to trick- or-treat in the dark! “Um...... Sally that's not a good thing” I said “lets get-WHAT WAS THAT” cried Jen! “What was what” asked Sally? “I don't know wait there it goes again,” said Jen as a puppy limped out of the bushes. “Awwww he's so cute” said Jen “Yea and lets name him Sally Jr.” thought Sally out loud. ”NO,” yelled Jen and I at the same time. “Joking joking” said Sally. “Any way lets get back to my house,” I suggested; “yeah and get a flash light” said Jen; “Lets bring the puppy.” said Sally.
So, all in all, it was a good Halloween. Infact, after we got the flashlight it was the best Halloween ever! We got candy and a yellow lab dog that we named Ghosty.

6 Comments:

At November 10, 2005 1:29 AM, Blogger WMS said...

you're a good writer, Lily! Your story is well written and fun. Did you write it yourself? Punctuation and all? The punctuation is very good!

 
At November 10, 2005 10:25 AM, Blogger Sonja Andrews said...

She did have some editting help ... this was posted after many drafts. But the "plot" and everything else was hers.
-- The Editor

 
At November 12, 2005 9:40 AM, Blogger Mike Stavlund said...

Great job, Lillie. Nice work with the dialogue.
[but watch out for your editor. I think she misspelled 'editting'...]

 
At November 12, 2005 7:13 PM, Blogger Green Giant said...

oh yeah ... well ... her editor might have been on a few drugs!!

 
At November 12, 2005 9:13 PM, Blogger Mike Stavlund said...

...evidently...

 
At November 13, 2005 6:04 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

ooh, maybe the puppy was an animagus and was using a put-outer;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home